Monday, October 29, 2012

The Illuminating Moon

The moon's out tonight
Clear as day
and that light!
Illuminating the clouds
Clouds that loom
Larger than life
Transforming into shapes
That come alive
Then my Garret
sees it
not unlike
The Little Prince
Yes, Antoine St. Exupery's
Royalty
Gazing in wonder and awe
at the different planets
and kingdoms
My Little Prince
sees the moon as if
for the very first time
Fingers flapping
bunched together as if
trying to capture
that bright, white
circle
Smiling, oh what delight!
Stepping on our garden
stones brightened
by that illuminating
moon
Then I say,
"Look again, Garret"
Gently turning his head
upward
He looks and smiles.
Silent, content
No words needed
I turn silent myself,
content--quiet joy.
No words needed.
Save for the moon--
speaking its language
illuminating strength
Illuminating my joy
Casting the brightest
light on
my prince,
on my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment