Monday, November 28, 2016

I Yuv Yoo

My boy, he pulls me towards the sofa, wants me to sit down beside him. He looks at me and says, "Yuv yoo."

My boy, I massage his legs, the toy he flicks falls down. I pick it up for him. He looks at me and says, "Yuv yoo."

My boy, he listens as I scold his brother. He covers his ears and looks at me and says, "Yuv yoo."

My boy, he cries as I scold him, After a while he holds my arm and says, "Yuv yoo."

My boy, in bed as we turn off the lights he nudges his forhead for me to kiss. He says, "Yuv yoo."

My boy, from our truck, I alight to go to work, his papa says, "Say bye to Mama," he says, "Yuv yoo."

My boy, I feared he would not know the meaning of love but he does. Oh how he does! Of all the things I have taught him he knows this word. He knows this deed. He knows only this--

Love.

I love you, I love you, I love you my boys, my dear dear boys.

Now more than ever. In a world I do not understand anymore, I love you, will continue to teach you love and love above all...

No comments:

Post a Comment