Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am Autism

Beyond bars made of rope
Boats, canoes drifting
Oars lie
waiting to be steered
The bars are made of rope
not iron or steel
I hold
them and they mold
into my palms
albeit burning them a bit
But it's alright
If I try
I can pull them apart
and have a clearer view
of what lies beyond
And this is why
I need you
to help me
Hold my hand
Grip it tight
Prod me on
to the light
Cautiously, I step
out of the weaved shackles
and carefully, precariously
into the canoes of hope
See what I can do
See what I can teach you
My smile,
my laughter
my tears
my joy,
my confusion,
my pain,
Come into my world
See what it's like
to see the sky in
rainbow colors instead of blue
to find joy in spinning
to find comfort in echoing
to find peace in dreaming
See my everlasting innocence
my pure heart
I am healing you
as you are healing me
Life as I know it
as I am
and will be..
I bid you come
with me
It's a whole new world
Link your fingers
with mine,
let us watch the sun rise
There is nothing left to say
except
I am beauty made life!

No comments:

Post a Comment