Monday, August 19, 2019

Silang Duha Gyud

"Ang duha jud Ma'am noh?" is the usual comment when people know that my two boys have autism.

Many years ago this statement would have added to my depression. Now, I answer with a light heart, "Oo, silang duha." Both of them. Garret and Morgan have Autism. Which only means that I get double the lightness of their being, the pureness of their heart. This is not to say that our life is all rainbows and sunshine. Far from it. It is dark clouds and thunderstorms. It is humidity at its worst. It is darkness as well.

Garret and Morgan have different personalities which makes our life more interesting. Morgan is the Yin. Garret is the Yang. Sometimes they switch. When I think about it I marvel at how beautiful it is that the Universe decided to give us these-Two sides of the coin. Two parts of a whole. Darkness and Light. Both of them teach me that everyday is a chance to be brave, to show up, to savor and be grateful for every little moment that is and always will be a miracle.

"How do you do it?" is another question that I often hear as well. Many years ago I would have broken down and wept and be overcome with fear and uncertainty . Now I break my heart open easily for all to see and say, "It is simple. I do love. For both of them. All the time."

Silang duha gyud. Both of them no less. I say this now with a light heart because I know now how to do it. How I have been doing this everyday living and thriving with autism in our blessed life--Love and always love.


"When you find out that there was never anything in the dark side to be afraid of....nothing is left but to love." - Alan Watts




No comments:

Post a Comment